Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Ronin of The Ryukyus

The Ronin character I have is something that has been brewing in the back of my mind for years. I have 2 story lines already mapped out for him, one is written, the sequel is in my head. I love drawing him and I can set him in any environment I wish. He actually pops up in the last page of my short story for the Legendary anthology as well. For the sketchJAM sketchbook I decided to do a short idea I had for him that I wanted to do last year. The Ronin & The Island of Beralku will run about 7 pages and will be a fun introduction to the character. This story actually takes place between the 2 others, which are The Ronin & The Shisa, and it's sequel, The Ronin's Revenge. Someday I will do these books, maybe in 2008. Anyway, here is a pic of my blueline paper after I blew up and printed out the thumbnails....



and here is a small version of the final page. This type of project is very spontaneous and fun, I thumbed and inked the first 3 pages in a total of maybe 5 hours.

2 comments:

Stephen Lindsay said...

Ryan,

This looks soooo good! I'd buy this today if it was available! Get to it, brother!!

~ Stephen

rory said...

Nice job , Ryan. I wish you the best of luck on these projects!