Thursday, September 04, 2008

Top 5 Dream Jobs - #2

#2 - Travel Writer/TV Host

Ever since the onslaught of travel shows on channels like Discovery, Travel Channel, National Geographic, etc. I’ve always thought about how that would be the greatest job in the world; global travel on someone else’s dime. The only problem is making a show unique and I’ve found 2 ways to do that. The first is that I travel solo, couch surfing with local artists and writers around the world, documenting my travels that way, each week introducing a new and passionate spirit that I meet. The other way, and one I see as lacking in any current show, would be me traveling the globe with my kids in tow, documenting the reactions to all these places from both my own, and their perspectives. Again, that could be affordable as well; we could stay in hostels, people’s homes, etc. I think the family type show would work well on Discovery Kids or PBS or something. If anyone knows any producers or anybody that could get this rolling, let me know. I’m down.

2 comments:

Naldoman said...

Love the idea of global travel, hate the idea of doing a show. Heck, I usually don't even fill out comment cards. Love The Amazing Race. P.O.'d that I can't go because I'm insulin dependent.

Here's a cruel story: I once dated a woman who had a birthday the day after mine. We broke up, but I had planned a trip to Hawaii that year. I found a birthday card that said "I'd love to come to your party, but I'm in Hawaii!". I mailed her that card from Hawaii.

Travel is so much fun!

Spin the Moon said...

Yeah. That'd be a fun job. I really enjoy traveling as well, just don't get to do much of it.

Plus you might even cross paths with that hottie Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel. Nice!