Saturday, February 27, 2010

EMERALD CITY CON

I will be a guest at this year's Emerald City comic-con. I am excited to go back this year and I hope it's a successful convention both personally and professionally. I will be at J-03 right next to the amazing team of Phil Hester and Brian Churilla. Hopefully some of their mojo rubs off on me. I will have the debut of my new (and 1st) sketchbook, Seventy-Five Vol.1 as well as more copies of the Villains trade. Both of those are smoking deals at only $5 a pop. I'll be doing $15 sketches and taking commissions as well. Another cool thing that I am a part of is that I contributed to a small series of concert type gig posters for the show. Along with poster artists Jesse LeDoux, Jeff Kleinsmith and comic artists Shane White, Stefano Gaudiano, and Dean Trippe. I'm in great company there. I can't wait to get up there and talk with some fans and hang out with friends. If you are in the area, stop by and say hello.


My "gig" poster will be available at the Clone Press booth #507 (click for full size)


Seventy-Five Volume 1. (click for full size)

10 comments:

David said...

Very, very cool!

rory said...

Nice pic, good luck at the Con, I hope it's great for you!

Mike Exner III said...

Awesome poster. I still really want the sketchbook too. I sent you an email about that a while back. I've actually worked directly with Scott Reed, who worked with Shane White on The Overman, and Dean Trippe is awesome. You're in good company.

scottygod said...

That poster is great. I really wish I was going to that show. Josh and Sean Murphy are sharing a table. That's the one guy I wanna meet.

Daniel said...

Like your print, and see you there, Mr. Cody!

Tristan Sandnes said...

Nice Poster.

Ryan Cody said...

Thanks everyone, I'm really looking forward to it!

Scott Radtke said...

Just popped by to say hi. Saw your Carrie post on Hey, Oscar Wilde! It's Clobberin' Time! Nice work.

Unknown said...

This is my first time to your site. I found it by searching for you after seeing you at the convention. The poster is amazing! I'm kicking myself for not getting one at the show!

Thanks for being nice to my kid when we came by your table. It was great for him to get to work on "real" art!

Ryan Cody said...

Scott - Thanks for stopping by.

Melissa - I'm nice to all kids whose parents are cool enough to take them comic conventions.