Wednesday, June 30, 2010

HERO

I haven't done much in my short time in comics, not nearly as much as I have wanted to, but I still have plenty of time fortunately. Next to having my first book ever picked up by a publisher, released and optioned for a movie (VILLAINS from Viper Comics), the thing I'm most proud of is my work with the HERO Initiative. I've talked about them here before, I tend to do sketches for them every Free Comic Book Day and I have also done sketch-covers for their series of art books in conjunction with Marvel Comics. They are a wonderful organization that helps comic creators with financial and medical needs. Jim McLauchlin runs things over there and recently wrote an article for Wizard magazine about Wally Wood. He posted the article on their blog and was kind enough to send out an email about it. I'm glad I took the time to read it and I hope you do as well. If you read my blog then I assume you are a comic book fan as well and this is a wonderful and sad article about the life of an amazing artist. Wood's work was beautiful but his life was not perfect, much like the rest of us.

Click here to read the whole article.

The HERO Initiative

Please, when and if you can, think about donating to The Hero Initiative.

No comments: