Friday, July 24, 2009

Half-Blood Leatherface

I saw the Half-Blood Prince last weekend, and followers of the blog will know that I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter books and films, so I thought I would drop some knowledge on what I thought of the movie. I still think the child actors in the movies are terrible, although the actor who plays Draco Malfoy (I'm too lazy to look it up) did a fantastic job. I did enjoy the comedic aspects of the movie and thought it played well and true to how these kids probably would behave. Many people criticize the length of the movie (my Mom and girlfriend), but I thought it was fine, but that is probably because I knew what to expect, so I knew how much more had to happen before it ended. If you haven't seen the movie you should stop reading now and just gawk at the artwork below ------------------------------------------------------

I was a little put off by the attack of the Deatheaters on the Burrow as that did not happen in the book and then was a little disappointed in the lack of the battle at Hogwarts. Once I thought about it though it all made sense. There is going to be a huge battle scene that takes place at Hogwarts in the 2nd part of the 7th movie, so it might seem redundant to some viewers who only follow the movies, and Bill Weasely is not a featured character in the movies, so his injuries he sustains in battle with Fenrir do not make sense here. Plus, the movie was already pushing two and half hours, so I totally understand why it was cut-out. So while the movie lacked a little in excitment, it served it primary purpose, it entertained and set-up a killer two-part finale.

Below is a recent commission, hop over to the Sketchjam! to see the pencils I did for this, and have a good weekend everyone.


No comments: